Raw feeding benefits
A question we asked a lot is "what are the benefits of feeding a raw diet?"
Well the answers are plenty-full, but we will outline a few of the key benefits!
- Chewing raw meaty bones can lead to physiological contentment, which in turn can improve your pets mental health.
- Can improve gene expression (DNA Repair)
- Can help improve dental hygiene, (chewing meaty bones mean cleaner whiter teeth with less stressful trips to the vet)
- .Can help with weight control, we believe in feeding a portion appropriate diet can help maintain a healthy weight, put weight on and get weight off your pet without undue stress on their system.
- We often see much shinier coats and healthy skin when feeding raw as there are plenty of natural oils.
- One of the biggest is less offence stools, once you have your pets diet in sync, the waste they generate is not only less volume but no where near as bad smelling, (the body absorbs a higher volume of the food consumed which naturally generates less waste).
- Can help improve Digestive health and gut bacteria. Bad breath is often a source of poor gut health.
- Calmer behaviour, We often see and hear people say how much calmer the pet is when switching to raw, we believe that removing artificial sweeteners and preservatives etc from your pets diet will have a large impact on behaviour, any one with children will often know that feeding children high sugar based products effects the behaviour and the same can be seen in cats and dogs when feeding less natural products.
This is just the tip of the iceberg as they say, we will do a monthly blog on various aspects of raw feeding, if you have any subjects you want us to add a blog about please send us a message.